Monday 28 April 2014

Making a difference


People often associate those who fight for animal rights with negativity.  They are seen as terrorists by some.  For example,  if a group of people were to break into a fur farm and set the animals free, they would be seen as criminals.  Surely, freeing the animals who were soon to be barbarically skinned and made into a coat is an act of kindness.  Is it not the fur farm owner who is the criminal?

It is obvious for anyone to see that the human race is the reason this planet is in such a mess.  Humans have destroyed the planet and it's inhabitants.  Humans are greedy and will kill other species without a second thought.  There is no other species as dangerous as humans.  There is also no other species that will torture an animal for fun or fashion.  

Is it acceptable to skin an animal alive for a piece of clothing? No.  Is it acceptable that so many people who torture and kill animals do not get a prison sentence? No.  

Even the smallest gesture can make a difference to an animal in need.  I save spiders and insects.  People laugh at me for it but why?  They have just as much right to be here as us.  

If, in my life I have made even one person think more compassionately, then I have made a difference.  

A common myth associated with animal rights advocates is that we don't care about people.  Not true.  As much as I have just ranted on about the human race, I do care about people in need and often go out of my way to help others.  I don't like cruel, nasty people.  But who does? 

We fight for animal welfare because animals can't and unfortunately, not enough people care.  This will only make us fight harder!

Has anyone experienced negativity when trying to do something good for animals?



No comments:

Post a Comment